- Spent one year as an AFS exchange student in Moscow, Idaho,
- Completed his studies as an interpreter/ translator in Ghent,
- Two Round The World trips West to East and East to West,
- Belgian windsurfing champion in the wave-riding discipline,
- Climbing expedition Cho Oyu, Tibet, 1990.
- Mount Kenya climb, N/E and S/W faces, Kenya, 1991.
- World record holder (Guinness record) altitude mountain biking,
Teide, Tenerife, 1991.
- Winter ascent Mont Blanc, France, 1992.
- Mount Fuji winter ascent, Japan, 1992.
- Ironman (full triathlon) finisher, Australia and Belgium,
- Organiser and participant "Karakoram Bike Adventure", 1200km
through Pakistan and China, 1994.
- Second place finisher Ultramarathon "La Transardennaise", 160
km, Belgium, 1994.
- Polar trek Langjökul Glacier, Iceland, 1995.
- Mount Cameroon climb, Cameroon, 1995.
- Trans-Greenland expedition with Alain Hubert, 700 km on skis
with powerkites, 1995.
- Alpamayo trek and ascent Mount Pisco, Peru, 1996.
- Mount Everest climb (camp two) and ascent of Island Peak,
- Polar trek Spitsbergen, Svalbard, 1997.
- South Through The Pole:Crossing of the Antarctic continent with
Alain Hubert, World premier:4000 km skis and with revolutionary
powerkites, including scientific research, 1997-98.
- Antarctica 2000:Ascent of Mount Vinson with Julie Brown and
polar trek Ellsworth Mountain Range with Rudy Van Snick, 2000.
- The Ultimate Arctic Crossing:Attempted traverse of the Arctic
Ocean from Siberia to Canada. With Alain Hubert. 69 days in
autonomy. February - May 2002.
- Barcelona Marathon, April 2003.
- Sierre-Zinal Mountain Running Race, Switzerland, August
- Les Templiers 65 kilometer mountain race, Nants, France,
- Bering Strait Odyssey:Attempt to cross the Bering Strait from
Alaska to Siberia and back. With Troy Henkels. March - April
- 100 km running race Bornem Belgium: 3rd place finisher, August
- Arctic Arc: succesfull crossing of the Arctic Ocean, from
Siberia to Greenland, world premier 1800 km in 106 days,
- In The Wake Of The Belgica: successful commemorative sailing
expedition to the Antarctic peninsula. 7 crew members on the
"Euronav Belgica" re-enacted the 20 landings made by Adrien the
Gerlache 110 years prior. Pioneering sailing, wind-and kitesurfing,
climbing and canoeing expedition, Sept 2007- may 2008
- Double Marathon, Gondo Switserland (Simplon Pass), 9th place
- "Zwevend over de IJskap, Trans-Greensland Expedition 1995″,
Ganda Publications (Dutch)
- "Nothing is Real, account of the mishaps during the Everest
Expedition 1996″, self-published (Dutch)
- "In the Teeth of the Wind, South Through The Pole Expedition
1998″, Publisher Van Halewyck (Dutch, French, English)
- "Hands of Ice, Hearts of Fire" 2000
- "Shades of White, Antarctica 2000 Expedition", Publisher Van
Halewyck (Dutch, French, English)
- "Chaos on the Ice", attempt to cross the Arctic Ocean from
Siberia to Canada 2002, Publisher Van Halewyck (Dutch, English and
- "Brainstormen in een iglo", How to run your business like an
expedition, Publisher Van Halewijck 2004 (Dutch)
- "Een Passie Moet Je Volgen", motivational book, co-author Julie
Brown 2002, Publisher Van Halewyck (Dutch)
- "Milestones", artistic interactive workbook, together with
Julie Brown and photographer Herman Vanaerschot, December 2003
(English and Dutch)
- "Swept Away, adrift between Alaska and Siberia", Publisher
Lannoo 2005. Book about the Bering Strait Odyssey 2005 (English and
- (Ant)Arctica: Inspirational photobook
- "De diepvriesexpedities van Ollie en Eleonora", Publisher
Davidsfonds 2008. Kids book on the Arctic and the Antarctic
- "Het geheim van Antarctica", Publisher Standaard/Manteau 2008.
Youth Adventure book (Dutch)
- "Het Laatste Kontinent" (1997-1998)
- Sportimonium & Barometermuseum
- First prize at the Mountain Film Festival, Trento Italy, for In
the Teeth of the Wind 1998
- First prize "La Toison d'Or du film d'aventure", Dijon France,
for antarctica.org 1999
- Klauwaert prize, recognition for representing the Flemish
community in exceptional manner 2003
- 2007 Winner of the Trento Fimlfestival: National Geographic
price for best doccumentary
- Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF Belgium
- Ambassador for Switzerland Tourism (Mountains and Nature)
- Job@ ambassador VUM Media Group)
- Crowne Plaza Maverick
- Honorary citizen of Lubbeek, Belgium
- Honorary citizen of Nieuwpoort, Belgium
- Honorary citizen of Huldenberg, Belgium
- Awarded by His Majesty King Albert II the title of High Officer
in the Order of the Crown
- Patron of the Humboldt-penguins in the Sea Life Centre in
Blankenberge, Belgium (2003)
- Patron of the first Mt. Blanc expedition led by one-legged
climber Kristien Smet (2003)
- Patronage of the Agonquin Winter Crossing
- Patron of the 2007 "Umicore Solar Team"
- President of the jury for the Touring Explorer "Young Traveller
- President of jury for the Valvert Nature Film Festival
- Patron of the Mongolia 2010 Expedition
- the EOS magazine (American Scientific) advisory committee
- the Swiss Alpine Club
- "The Polar Traveler" in Nieuwpoort, Belgium, at the old Yacht
- North 51° 08′ 21
- East 2° 44′ 23
- 1997: 50 km walking around Kluisbergen "Omloop
- 2000: 15th Belgian championship cross-country running
- 2001: 3rd Provincial championship cross-country running
- 2000, 2001, 2006: Tour de Flanders for tourists
- 2003: Graduated from high school. Greek-Mathemathics
- 2003: Sierre-Zinal Mountain Running Race, Switzerland
- 2004: Solo-hikes in the Belgian Ardennes in winter
- 2005: West-highland way Schotland solo-hike in late fall
- 2006, 2009: Run-bike-run, Leuven to Louvain-la-neuve
- 2006: Saint-Pauls trail hike in Turkey
- 2006: Polar trek Spitsbergen, Svalbard
- 2006: 100 time ascent of Gasthuisberg by bike, 300 km
- 2005-2006: Zwintriathlon, 1/4 triathlon
- 2006: Bachelors degree in medicine
- 2006: European Champion Canicross
- 2006-2007: 7 month stay in Italian dog kennel
- 2007: Gingin 200 mile sleddograce
- 2008: Copper Basin 300 mile sleddograce
- 2008: Tustumena 200 mile sleddograce
- 2008: Iditarod 1000 mile sleddograce, only finisher with entire
16 dog team
- 2009: Gingin 200 mile sleddograce
- 2010: Copper Basin 300 mile sleddograce
- 2010: Tustumena 200 mile sleddograce
- 2010: Yukon Quest 1000 mile sleddograce
- 2010: Iditarod 1000 mile sleddograce, most improved musher
award Youngest musher to complete Yukon Quest and Iditarod in 1
- 2010: Member Asteria-staff on "de Gerlache NE Greenland
- 2010: Crossing of Vatnajökull glacier in Iceland.